Friday, March 1, 2013

Daily Facial Routine. [The body shop-Seaweed line]


I have combination skin. Oily/dry. So finding the right product for me was pretty tricky until I came across The Body Shops Seaweed line. This skin care line is made especially for combination skin. So when I found that out, I was really excited on trying this on my face. :3 (BTW, I've been using the Seaweed Skin Care line for over a year.) Now let me show you in detail which products of the skin care line I use, and how it has affected my skin! 

Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser
Price: $14.50
Rating: 4.6/5 (The Body Shop rating)
I use this every morning/night. It's creamy-milky soft texture is made to take off impurities that buildup on your face at night, and makeup at the end of the day when you're ready to hit the sheets! (I can't say if it actually takes off makeup really well because I don't use any:x) But it does make my skin feel so much smoother with a shine-free matte finish! :) + a bottle lasts me a month & 1/2. :D




Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Cleanser
Price: $15.00
Rating: 4.7/5 (The Body Shop rating)

Never use this product more than once or twice a week! This is an exfoliator which has small micro beads that efficiently takes off your dead skin cells when you feel that your face feelings 'dirty'. Yet as like all exfoliators they are not meant for a daily use because it can dry out the skin from it's natural oils. I love this exfoliator because it really does take off the dead skin on my face that builds up! I live in tropical weather, so it's always hot/humid here which can clog up my pores. This exfoliator wakens up my face, and clears my pores from all the impurities in the air! This bottle lasts me about almost 2 months because I don't use it as often as the facial cleanser.
Price: $12.50
Rating: 4.8/5 (The Body Shop rating)
Best toner I've ever used! I love using this after using my facial cleanser, or after using my exfoliator. If you didn't know the main point of a toner is to take off all that extra impurities that are still left on your face that the cleanser didn't catch for example, makeup or even maybe some cleanser could still be on your face and you wouldn't even notice it unless you used a toner and got it! The proper way to use this would be to dab a few drops on a cotton ball/Q-tip and dab it all over your face. The good thing also about a toner is that you don't need to wash it off after. It's perfectly normal to just leave it on. (it won't clog any pores either) ^___^
Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
Price: $16.50
Rating: 4.7/5 (The Body Shop Rating)
I love this moisturizer! It's so calming, and it's soft creamy texture it goes right onto my face without clogging any pores. I never breakout when I use this cream. I absolutely love it, and this small bottle can last for a long time. I'd say at least a month or a little over. It's targets oily&dry skin at once! So you don't have to worry about a shiny face or anything of that sort! Great moisturizer! <3 <3 <3


 
Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment
Price: $20.00
Rating: 4.8/5
I use this every night after my cleanser. There isn't much to say about this product except that it does protect my face from breakouts during the night. I wake up with fresh clean skin :) This products really helps with my dryness. For some odd reason, my face sometimes gets a little dry during the night, but after using this product it fixes it up right away. I love it.
Seaweed Pore Perfector
Price: $20.00
Rating: 4.5/5
This product is designed to unblock pores and control excess oil shine. It does do what it says and that is what I really love about this product! I apply this product around my T-Zone area because that is where I have the most oil on my skin. It makes my pores seem smaller, and also it can diminish acne if you breakout for what-ever-reason it may be. s:


The prices of these products do seem pricey but the good thing with The Body Shop is that they always have sales. Sign up for updates with just entering your Email Address onto there website to know about their deals! :)  If you are thinking of always making purchases with them, sign up for a Rewards Card. You can get 10% on all purchases (even sale item), $10 reward money to spend on your birthday, and even more ^____^

Any questions//concerns? Feel free to ask <3

Love always, BeautyJunkie~~




4 comments:

  1. hi there!

    I've been looking for reviews on this Seaweed line and finally found a good one. I'm curious though. How does it affect your skin as a whole? Is it good for pores?

    Write up some more on products you're using. Would love to read them.

    xx, Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used this line for about a year. It worked wonders, and cleared up my skin! It didn't clog my pores at all! :D
      I don't use this line anymore though because I switched over to a more natural/organic regime! :)

      Stay lovely x <3

      Delete
  2. Have you tried tbs tea tree line? How does those campare to this line (in your experience)?

    You seem to likeevrytging though haha...how long before you started seeing results and what type of skin issues were you having prior to usi g this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried tbs tea tree line? How does those campare to this line (in your experience)?

    You seem to likeevrytging though haha...how long before you started seeing results and what type of skin issues were you having prior to usi g this?

    ReplyDelete